By Drusilla Banks
Health & Wellness
Crusty Baked Fish Fillets
1½ pounds tilapia, grouper or other white fish fillets (5 fillets)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs, fresh, Panko or regular packaged
1½ Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or dill
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish.
- Mix breadcrumbs with butter or margarine. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the fish. Gently press the breadcrumbs onto the fillets.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Promptly store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Yield: 4 servings (5-ounce fish fillet)
- Notes: Haddock or cod would make good substitutes for the grouper. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness of the fish.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 200 calories, 6.5g Total fat (3g saturated fat) 5g carbohydrate, 0.2g dietary fiber, 84mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 34g protein